These savoury flapjacks are another good source of fibre and also provide a great vehicle for some omega 3 and omega 6 rich seeds. The sustaining combination of whole grains and protein makes these ideal for a school lunch box.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g butter
- 150g porridge oats
- 150g mature cheddar grated
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 1-2 tbsp ground linseeds ( or ground mixed seeds)
- 1 tbsp whole sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- A little oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Place a piece of baking parchment into a baking tray (approximately 19mm square) and brush a little oil over this to help stop the flapjacks from sticking.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Then add the oats and coat
- Then mix in the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and gently flatten using the back of a spoon (or sticky fingers!)
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 30-40 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for a little in the tin before slicing into squares. Cool fully before eating.